Saturday 6 March 2010

Pizza Express-esque Bruschetta

I am addicted to this. Every time I go to Pizza Express I order it. I worry it will get boring, or taste different but every time it hits the spot... This version is not the same. I swear they must add crack or heroin to their pesto, but it's a good substitute all the same.

For 2 greedy portions you need:
1 garlic flat bread (either one each or 1 large one to cut in half)
1/2 tub good quality fresh pesto either home made or premium brand
2 ripe tomatoes
1 small red onion
pine kernels

Heat the garlic bread. Meanwhile chop the tomato and onion. Place in a mixing bowl and add the 1/2 of the pesto. Mix gently. When the garlic bread is done, place on a plate and top with the tomato/onion/pesto mixture, dropping teaspoons of the extra pesto on to the bread. Scatter over some pine kernels and scoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment