Friday 22 January 2010

Houmous

A classic recipe this. I like mine garlicky. And lemony. And with tahini. Frankly you can experiment and design your own flavours depending on what you like. This is what was produced last night for lunch today:

For 3-4 servings you need:
1 can chickpeas
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp water
pinch salt

Blitz everything together in a food processor, adding more water if you need to make it thinner. I made this batch up smooth but it's also nice chunky. Serve in 1000's of different ways. Today it's a lunch dish with crudites and pitta bread.

4 comments:

  1. Nice recipe. Yogurt is good for thinning too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point about yogurt. I've been in such a vegan phase at the moment I had forgotten about yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there's time, it's worth trying dried chickpeas, soaked overnight. I reckon the taste's better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree. Must remember to have a mammoth pulse soaking and cooking session to freeze at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete