Wednesday 20 January 2010

Fruit and Nut Muesli

I used to make loads of home made muesli, but then an incident with too much bran put my off (no, you don't want to know!). But recently I haven't been able to find a brand that I like, and the ones that are OK are very expensive for what they are so it's prompted an interest again.

This recipe uses up a packet of Jordan's fruit and nut muesli which had too many bran flakes in it for me, and not enough soft oats.

For about 20 servings you need:
1 box Jordan's muesli (or any other luxury brand muesli)
2 cups economy oats (i.e. small, soft oats)
1 cup hazlenuts
1 cup mixed dried fruit (I mainly used apples as they needed to be used up).

Mix everything together in a large tub.

I like to serve it soaked:
put 1/3 cup muesli in a tub/bowl and add 2/3 cup soya milk. Leave to soak overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment