Wednesday 7 April 2010

Scones (for cream tea)

I love scones. I don't much like making them as I hate rubbing fat into flour but that's what a food processor is for... But I do like eating them slathered in clotted cream and homemade jam. And I wonder why I can never shift that last stone...

For about 12 scones you need:
225g self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb
50g butter (use vegan marge for vegan scones)
50g golden caster sugar
about 150ml milk (use soya milk for vegan scones)
1 tbsp lemon juice

Rub the fat into the flour using a food processor. Once combined add everything else apart from the milk. Blitz again to combine then drizzle in the milk with the motor running till it forms a dough. Remove from the bowl and roll into a thick circle. Cut out scones and place on a baking tray. Brush with egg wash/soya milk and bake for about 15 mins at 180 degrees till risen and golden. Serve with lashings of clotted cream and jam. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment