Friday 9 April 2010

The *Perfect* Soya Latte (v)

OK OK this is a non recipe but remember what I've said before, this is a blog to teach my son as well as to record what we eat/experiment with. And I hope therefore that by writing this down both my husband and son can learn how to make me happy through the medium of coffee...!!

For one steaming and gorgeous mug you need:
125ml soya milk, preferably Alpro fresh soya milk
200ml fresh, strong coffee. Preferably Monsooned Malabar. Made from freshly ground beans in a french press.
2 tsp vanilla caster sugar
Chocolate dust to serve
Nutmeg
A mug of sufficient capacity, preferably with a wide diameter

Place the sugar and milk into a mug and nuke on high for 1 minute. Make the coffee. Froth the milk with an aerolatte for about 30 seconds till foamy. Pour in the coffee, into the middle of the foam. Gently stir to mix. Check it hasn't split (if it has swear profusely, chuck away and start again...). Top up to the brim with coffee. Dust with chocolate powder and add a smidgen of freshly grated nutmeg. Serve to me on a silver tray on bended knee. Retire gracefully and leave me in a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e silence whilst I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment