Thursday 8 April 2010

Breakfast Cherry and Vanilla Muffins

One of the best things about being on leave at home is that I can pretend every day is a weekend day and that means loads and loads of *baking* (Becka does a happy dance). I fancied something different for breakfast today but didn't fancy the washing up that accompanies a fry up or fecking pancakes. Again! So I decided to make some muffins as according to Celia Brooks Brown "nothing beats a batch of home-bakes muffins". They're in the oven as I blog so I can't deny or confirm that fact. Yet. This is a variation of her muffins recipe from New Vegetarian.

For about 10 muffins you need:
2 cups plain flour
6 tbsp oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup yogurt (use a runny one not the 0% total I used as it's too thick)
1/2 cup milk (as yogurt was too thick)
1 cup vanilla sugar
1 1/2 cups frozen cherries
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Lob everything into a bowl and mix lightly. Scrape into muffin cases and bake at 180 degrees for about 20 mins till risen and golden brown. Enjoy with coffee and fresh OJ. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment