Sunday 23 January 2011

Pasta with Rocket and Watercress Pesto

O. M. G. (as it were...). This is delicious. Am very impressed that something can taste so amazing with so few ingredients and take such a short time to make.

For two people you need:
1/2 cup pine nuts
handful each watercress and rocket
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/8 cup grape seed oil
200g pasta

Cook the pasta. Meanwhile toast the pine nuts (yes I know Jamie says don't bother but I like them toasted and think the heat helps to make the sauce too. So there.). Place the garlic, cheese, watercress, rocket and pine nuts into a mini blender and pulse, shaking it to ensure everything gets done. Add the oil and blend again. I used grapeseed oil as I wanted the individual flavours to come through rather than be drowned out by olive oil.

Drain the pasta and toss through the pesto. Serve with a little extra cheese on the top. Like I said, O. M. G.

4 comments:

  1. I'm having this for dinner. Amazingly, I bought watercress yesterday, and have rocket in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! It's very garlicky but yummy. Leftovers are for my lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. It took me until tonight to make it, but OMG, it is good! I used olive oil (because that's what I have...)and was a little loose with the quantities. I pity the job candidates I have to interview tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum indeed! Will definitely be making it again. Am fancying walnuts and walnut o with it too maybe next time and some blue cheese perhaps. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete