Sunday 14 March 2010

Mock Mozzerella and Tomato Paninis

I brought some basil flavoured tofu a few weeks ago out of sheer curiosity. It looked OK, but I was a bit scared of it to tell the truth. We used it today in a mock mozz and tom panini. If I was vegan I'd say yummy. But given that I'm veggie the tofu just wasn't enough of a substitute for oozing, yummy, mozz. But if you fancy it, it's not that bad. Honest.

For 1 hungry persons lunch you need:
1 small-ish bake at home ciabatta
1/2 pack basil tofu, sliced into long strips
1 small ripe tomato, sliced
1/4 red onion, sliced
2 tbsp sun dried tomato paste/vegan pesto

Split the bread in half. Spread the paste/pesto on one side then layer up the tofu tomato and onion. Place the other half on top and heat in a panini press, making sure to press down well for even cooking. Cook for about 8 mins till the bread is brown and crispy and the filling is hot. Serve with a green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment