Sunday 13 September 2009

Last of the Summer Strawberries

I got suckered into buying 2 packs of strawberries in Waitrose yesterday. They were on offer for 2 punnets @ £3 and smelt goooooooooood so in to the trolley they went.

I devoured one punnet with DH last night in front of the wire in an attempt to make my scoffing of a half packet of Choco Liebenz seem more healthy.

The other punnet got macerated this morning. I keep hearing about doing this to strawberries but have never actually got round to doing it. But I did this morning for the regular pancake fest that is my sunday morning brekkie and they were delicious.

You need:
1 punnet strawberries
couple of tbsp sugar
couple of shakes of balsamic vinager
a brave grinding of black pepper

Slice the strawbs and toss into a bowl with the sugar and vinegar, grind over the pepper. Mix thoroughly and then leave. A lovely syrup will form which soaks nicely into thick American style pancakes. Yummy.

BTW the strawbs I got from Waitrose were called Sweet Eve. Much nicer than bouncy Elsanta they were too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment