Wednesday 2 September 2009

Butter Masala Paneer

Ever since eating this at a local vegetarian place in the centre of Bradford (Tulsi for those of you local!) I have become addicted to the buttery yumminess of this dish. I wanted to create it at the weekend but after doing some serious googling decided I couldn't be bothered with the whole faff of blanching and pureeing onions or frying off paneer etc. So I cheated. DH called this a heart attack in a pan, you are warned!

Mumtaz (another curry palace local to Bradford) have a great range of cooking sauces, which unlike some of the others on the market, only contain normal ingredients and no fillers. So I experimented with a jar of tikka masala sauce and created something pretty yummy.

I used:
1 jar Mumtaz tikka masala sauce
2/3 jar water
a big fat lump of butter (probably about 100g, eek)
1 fresh tomato, skinned and finely chopped
75g ground almonds
200g cubed paneer.
Fresh chopped corriander to garnish/serve

Dump the sauce into a pan and add the butter and water. Let the butter melt gently into the sauce, stirring to make sure it doesn't catch. When the butter has melted add the ground almonds, tomato and paneer. Cook for about 15 mins or so until the sauce has reduced a little. I needed to add some sugar too as the sauce was a little bitter. Serve with roti and lots of fresh corriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment