Monday 7 September 2009

Breakfast Smoothie


I am not a breakfast person. Well actually that's not true. I am, but only on the weekends or when I have proper time. For some reason I wake starving but my body doesn't actually want any food in it for a couple of hours. This is moreso on a week day when I cycle to work. The thought of food before a 5 mile commute makes me cold! Smoothies tho, do seem to be tolerated by my fickle body. My current fave combo is banana and raspberry. I recently brought a new stand alone blender to replace my aging food processor goblet which had seen better days (it was 16 years old!). I heartily recommend the Kenwood K-Mix as it makes a sublimely smooth smoothie. And a pretty good frozen Margaretha too ;-0

Whizz to a smooth puree the following:
1 ripe banana
2 large handfuls frozen rapsberries (frozen ones work the best as they thicken the smoothie)
150-250 ml soya milk depending on how thick you like it
1 tsp runny honey (or to taste). If you want to keep it vegan then add some agarve nectar or sugar or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment